Prince William wants to ‘move forward’ in relationship with Harry after Megxit ‘shock’ | Royal | News

0

Harry and Meghan Markle have handed back their patronages and titles to the family as they do not want to return to full time royal life. Palace sources have suggested William wants to move on from ‘Megxit’ issues with Harry and focus on personal links to rebuild their relationship.

They have also insisted William wants to mend his relationship with Harry regarding “family matters”.

One source told The Telegraph: “There is hope that they can all move forward now these loose ends have been tied up once and for all.

“The (one year) review had been hanging over both sides for some time but now it has finally been resolved, it allows all parties to work on purely family matters.”

Another aide added: “Once he got over the anger of how things happened, he was left with the absence of his brother.

“They had shared everything about their lives – an office, a foundation, meetings together most days – and there was a lot of fun along the way.

“He’ll miss it forever.”

William and Harry are believed to have been in touch with each other since the Sussexes stepped down from working royal life last March.

The Palace is understood to be concerned about the content of Harry and Meghan’s upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey.

READ MORE: Prince Harry MUST do ‘honorable thing and step aside from line of succession’

The Sussex source agreed there are hopes personal relationships between the Duke and Duchess and Royal Family could be healed now the title row is resolved.

They added: “There is a big difference between the family firm – family business – and the family.”

William was said to have felt “really sad and genuinely shocked” over Harry’s behaviour during ‘Megxit’.

The Sunday Times quoted a source claiming William felt Harry and Meghan had been “insulting and disrespectful” to Her Majesty.

Buckingham Palace confirmed in a statement on Friday Meghan and Harry had relinquished their patronages.

They said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family.

“Following conversations with The Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.

“The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by The Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family.

“While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family.”

A spokesperson for the Sussex royals then hit back at the statement, taking issue with the references to “public service”.

They said: “As evidenced by their work over the past year, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to organisations they have represented regardless of official role.

“We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”





Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.